Property Tax Information
Property Taxes: Payments can be placed in the Township Office drop box located to the north of the front entrance of the building or mailed to: Blumfield Township Treasurer, 10705 Janes Road, Reese, MI 48757.
NEW: In an effort to reduce cost and in compliance with Michigan statute which states your cancelled check is your official receipt, stamped tax receipts will only be mailed upon request. Please tear off the lower portion of your tax notice and return the payment stub with your check.
REMINDER: To avoid being charged for penalties and interest, your payment must be postmarked on or before February 14, 2017.
Treasurer's Office Hours for Tax Collection: To comply with Public Act 641 of 2002, you may pay in person at the township office located at 1175 Vassar Rd. (M-15):
- Wednesday, December 7th 9:00 - 3:00
- Wednesday, December 14th 9:00 - 3:00
- Wednesday, December 21st 9:00 - 3:00
- Wednesday, December 28th 9:00 - 5:00
- Tuesday, February 7th 9:00 - 3:00
- Tuesday, February 14th 9:00 - 5:00 last day to pay without penalty or interest
- Tuesday, February 28th 9:00 - 3:00 last day to pay real property taxes to Township
Should severe weather result in Frankenmuth or Reese school closures, CALL OFFICE, 868-9512, BEFORE DRIVING as the Blumfield Township office may also be closed.
2016 Summer Tax Deferment Select properties may defer payment of the tax until February 14, 2017, when winter taxes are due:
- The homestead property of persons 62 years of age or older or the unmarried, surviving spouse of a person who was 62 or older at death, with a household income below $40,000 are eligible to apply.
- Persons with a disability that allows them to qualify for an extra personal exemption on the state income tax form are also eligible for the deferral.
- Property that is classified or used as agricultural property may qualify if the gross receipts of the farming operation are not less than the household income of the owner.
Individuals who meet the above criteria for deferral must complete a form available online at the Michigan.gov Website or from the outside kiosk located at the Blumfield Township Office. The form must be completed each year and must be filed with the Blumfield Township Treasurer on or before September 14th.
Disabled Veterans Exemption Under MCL 211.7b, an exemption of property taxes for real property used and owned as a homestead by a disabled veteran who was discharged from the armed forces of the United States under honorable conditions or his or her unremarried surviving spouse may be granted by the assessor. The property owner, or his or her legal designee, must annually file the Affidavit with the assessor any time after December 31 and before, or until the conclusion of, the December Board of Review. Please call Assessor Rob Grose, (989)239-6455, if you have any questions.
December Board of Review for correction of math or clerical errors on tax bills will be Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 10:a.m. at the Township Office. Contact Assessor Rob Grose for an appointment at (989) 239-6455.
2016 Certified Tax Rates can be found here
Please contact Blumfield Township Treasurer, Sandra Daenzer, regarding tax payments at (989)755-3548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.